Saskatoon Adult Soccer's Rules & Regulations are reviewed on a continual basis by the staff and board, and implemented at the beginning of each season.
For the Outdoor 2022 season, the following new rules will be implemented:
1. A player that is registered on the team as such, but not participating in a game, may sit on the team bench. A “TP” must be added beside their name on the game sheet to indicate they are not participating as a player but, instead, as Team Personnel. (A secondary registration as Team Personnel is not required if already registered as a player.)
2. Competitive Divisions are the top divisions of each league except Legends. Legends remains Recreational even at the top level.
3. When both teams forfeit the same game, neither team will earn a point. The game is not included in the standings at all.
4. Our Discipline Policy's Schedule A (suspensions) has been updated.
5. The top division of Coed may permit from within for the Outdoor season.
As of Outdoor 2020, FIFA/IFAB also implemented changes to their Laws of the Game.
SAS will be implementing these changes that have already taken place in professional levels including:
the introduction of yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials
a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest point on the boundary line
at a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play once it is kicked, i.e. it does not have to leave the penalty area
clearer wording for ‘handball’
attacking team players must be at least 1m away from a ‘defensive wall’
the goalkeeper only has to have one foot on the goal line at a penalty kick
a new dropped ball procedure
The summary and details of all Law changes can be found here:
Any player who participates in a game and is not on the official game sheet nor registered with SAS will be deemed an ineligible player and both the team and player may be subject to discipline.
If paying the individual player registration fee by E-transfer, the payment must be sent to the office before participating in any SAS activity.
If a player sends an E-transfer without filling out the player registration form, they will be deemed ineligible.
2. Key Deposits
A cheque post-dated to September 1 of $50.00, per key, will be required as bond.
Teams must pick up at least one (1) key but have the option to pick-up a single key and deposit $50.00 or a set of two (2) keys and deposit $100.
Cheques are payable to Saskatoon Adult Soccer. *Cheques are only acceptable for key deposits.
3. Team Personnel (Coach/Staff) must register as such. You cannot be on the bench unless you are registered as Team Personnel or a player on that team.
If you are already a player on the team, you do not have to register as Team Personnel. However, if you are a player on one team and coach another, you must register as a Team Personnel for the other team.
4. Team Personnel can receive cards as per IFAB/FIFA rules. The teams will not play short if the Team Personnel receive a card (in all leagues: outdoor, indoor turf or indoor boarded).
5. Team Personnel will need to supply Photo ID to be on the bench.
6. Teams that have their games overturned for ineligible players or wrong doing, will also have their goal stats removed. In contrast, the non-offending team will still keep their goal statistics.