Saskatoon Adult Soccer's Rules & Regulations are reviewed on a continual basis by the staff and board, and implemented at the beginning of each season.
For the Outdoor 2023 season, the following new rules will be implemented:
1. We no longer accept e-transfers for Individual Player Registrations or Team Personnel Registrations. Participants can either pay debit/credit online through RAMP while they register, or via cash at the office.
Allow additional time for in-office payments to register as well. You cannot register online unless you are paying online.
2. Individual Player Registration fee has increased to $45 due to taxes and RAMP fees. This fee has not increased since 2014, but unfortunately, the increase is now required to cover the additional fees. Full details can be found on the Outdoor - Individual Player Registration page.
3. Slide tackling is prohibited from the Masters Women league and any games involving Masters Women’s teams, and a yellow card will be given for any slide-tackles.
As of Outdoor 2020, FIFA/IFAB also implemented changes to their Laws of the Game.
SAS will be implementing these changes that have already taken place in professional levels including:
the introduction of yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials
a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest point on the boundary line
at a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play once it is kicked, i.e. it does not have to leave the penalty area
clearer wording for ‘handball’
attacking team players must be at least 1m away from a ‘defensive wall’
the goalkeeper only has to have one foot on the goal line at a penalty kick
1. Players may permit to other leagues if they are registered with SAS. Some exceptions apply. See Permitting rules for full details.
2. Permits are unlimited but there is a maximum of 5 to any one team; 10 for goal keepers.
3. A player that is registered on the team as such, but not participating in a game, may sit on the team bench. A “TP” must be added beside their name on the game sheet to indicate they are not participating as a player but, instead, as Team Personnel. (A secondary registration as Team Personnel is not required if already registered as a player.)
4. Competitive Divisions are the top divisions of each league except Legends. Legends remains Recreational even at the top level.
5. When both teams forfeit the same game, neither team will earn a point. The game is not included in the standings at all.
6. Ineligible Players
Any player who participates in a game and is not on the official game sheet nor registered with SAS will be deemed an ineligible player and both the team and player may be subject to discipline.
7. Key Deposits
A cheque post-dated to September 1 of $50.00, per key, will be required as bond.
Teams must pick up at least one (1) key but have the option to pick-up a single key and deposit $50.00 or a set of two (2) keys and deposit $100.
Cheques are payable to Saskatoon Adult Soccer. Cheques are only acceptable for key deposits.
8. Team Personnel (Coach/Staff) must register as such. You cannot be on the bench unless you are registered as Team Personnel or a player on that team.
If you are already a player on the team, you do not have to register as Team Personnel. However, if you are a player on one team and coach another, you must register as a Team Personnel for the other team.
9. Team Personnel can receive cards as per IFAB/FIFA rules. The teams will not play short if the Team Personnel receive a card (in all leagues: outdoor, indoor turf or indoor boarded).
10. Team Personnel will also need to supply Photo ID to be on the bench.
11. Teams that have their games overturned for ineligible players or wrongdoing, will also have their goal stats removed. In contrast, the non-offending team will still keep their goal statistics.
Saskatoon Adult Soccer (SAS) is the official FIFA/CSA/SSA sanctioned adult soccer league in Saskatoon, SK. We are a not-for-profit governed by an operational board of directors. Those directors make key decisions that are then implemented by our three staff members.
Saskatoon Sports Centre 150 Nelson Road Saskatoon, SK S7S 1P5