Saskatoon Adult Soccer Inc.
General Operating Rules and Regulations Manual
In Outdoor 2020, SAS will be implementing the changes that have already taken place in professional levels including:
- the introduction of yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials
- a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest point on the boundary line
- at a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play once it is kicked, i.e. it does not have to leave the penalty area
- clearer wording for ‘handball’
- attacking team players must be at least 1m away from a ‘defensive wall’
- the goalkeeper only has to have one foot on the goal line at a penalty kick
- a new dropped ball procedure
The summary and details of all Law changes can be found here:
Rule Changes for 2020 Outdoor Season (As per IFAB and FIFA Rules) New IFAB/FIFA Rules of the Game 2019/2020 (Complete rule book- 246 pages)
Failure to know the rules shall not be considered a defence.